Dancing is my remedy, remedy*

Read this post listening to this.

Good morning beautiful creatures!

Today’s our Snowball here – it’s going to be as prom-like and fancy as you imagine – so I couldn’t help being excited. Some of you, if you have been reading this blog for a longer time (let’s say at least for a year) might remember that I was having standard and latin dances lessons last winter. Unfortunately, this semester I didn’t organize my schedule as well as I’d wanted, so there wasn’t much time left for dancing. However, at the last moment my dancing partner and I spontaneously decided to visit a couple classes in order to freshen up our dancing memories.

Due to the upcoming exams, the university workload that keep piling up as well as some more personal issues the last weeks have been kind of a tough ride, a rollercoaster – I was extremely happy and the next moment I would be down, even lower than the girl in Flo Rida’s Low (Next thing you know Shawty got low low low low, low low low low). But dancing helped taking all this stuff off my mind. In the past I used to believe in the healing mental effects of running; every time my head would be full of voices and thought I couldn’t shush, I would put on my sneakers and go running. Now I see that dancing can be even more effective; it’s a couple of hours you can simply concentrate on your steps – 1, 2, 3, change – and forget the rest of the world. In addition, that positive feeling afterwards seems to last longer.


So if you’re suffering in any way, if you’re unhappy, dance! You might even not need a partner, a class, a pair of dancing shoes; all you need is really good blasting music!
Here are some of my favorites lately:



1.       Can’t Hold Us – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (that’s actually a jive, who would have thought so?)
2.       Can’t Believe It – Flo Rid ft. Pitbull
3.       Get Up (Rattle) – Bingo Players ft. Far East Movement
4.       You Make Me – Avicii
5.       Party Shaker – R.I.O ft. Nicco
6.       Please Don’t Stop the Music – Rihanna
7.       A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) – Fergie, Q-Tip, GoonRock
8.       It Had Better Be Tonight – Michael Buble (that was pretty unexprected compared to the rest of the playlist, right?)
9.       Well, well, well – Duffy

10.   La Cumparsita (it’s acoustic, soo…)



F.

PS: We're on facebook, too!
PS: And twitter!

Follow on Bloglovin





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

 

Meet The Blogger

Full-time daydreamer writing about fashion, love, food, traveling and beyond.