My Latest Reads




The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared: Every time I mention  this book I can not help but notice a little ironic smile appearing on my friends' faces: What kind of book title is that? Trust me, it's only a small indication of Jonasson's fierce writing and imaginative storytelling - the plot twist will leave you thinking "how the hell did he come up with this?" I read his other book, The Girl Who Saved The King of Sweden, first and got hooked on his incomparable ability to mock his own characters. I haven't finished reading it yet, but it's a must!

The Life List: A light, enjoyable read that will remind to you live life to its fullest. It's a total page-turner and made the hours I spend on the plane travelling from Athens to Germany fly!

The Dud Avocado: To be perfectly honest, it was like reading Hemmingway’s The Sun Also Rises all over again, but this time the story was told from a feminine point of view, which is something quite rare. This book is a great example of how difficult figuring out how being an adult and putting your newfound “freedom” in good use can be. I’ll have to stop reading books about Paris, though, since I’ve romanticized this city to the point of no return and it would be difficult for reality to keep up with my expectations – I feel a little like Gil in Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris!

The Vacationers: I read this book while resting my feet on the radiator and sipping hot tea, so reading about sunbathing in Mallorca and enjoying delicious Spanish food made me a little jealous.It is a deftly observed story with an easy to follow plot, which makes it a perfect vacation read. The reader follows an American family, the Posts, to Mallorca, where he/she find out that there is no break from family and personal drama. Even though Emma Straub's characters are greatly flowed, every page emanates her love for them.

Lots of love and kisses,

F.

PS: Facebook anyone? Tweet me maybe? 
PS2: Now I'm also on Instagram!


                            

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

 

Meet The Blogger

Full-time daydreamer writing about fashion, love, food, traveling and beyond.