Salt In The Air, Sand In My Hair

A friend recently asked me: Why don't you write more about fashion? The title of your blog is Fashionable Flaneur, why don't you live up to it?



To be honest, I've been thinking about it lately. When I started working on my blog, I was constantly talking about fashion or criticising the latest fashion news(like this Michael Kors collection). Lately, I've been mostly sharing photos and quotes that I find inspirational as well as thoughts on relationship issues. Well, it doesn't always work out the way we plan it. I'm not telling you that in order to defend myself -this blog is my creative outlet; I use it to share all the things I love and that I find exciting (do you remember this video?)

Fashion is always at the top of my interests list -I'm on vacation, yet I check out my favorite blogs daily. However, in the last weeks I've been reading lots, having lengthy discussions over everything and traveling a little. My family and I have spent the last four days in Chalikidiki, one of the most beautiful places in Greece -to me at least.

One of the most breathtaking experiences I've had so far is swimming near a rift in the sea. I was swimming with a mask and a snorkel on, looking for shells at the bottom of the sea, when I noticed that after a particular point the sea bed wasn't visible anymore. It was so astounding looking at the deep blue, trying to imagine what it would be like if I dived in it. (Later I was told that this area, the rift, is about 15 to 30 metres deep, so I was lucky enough not to have tried something insane.)

The thought of the sea bed disappearing under my nicely manicured feet felt exciting as well as a little terrifying. It also reminded me that there is an other part of me, that I had long forgotten and not shown. Everybody knows that I love books, magazines, the comfortable and busy city life, theater, shopping, coctails in nice places, shoes and that I like to dress up to do my grocery shopping. Yet there is a part of me that loves to swim, go canoeing, take long walks in the woods, have salt on my skin and hair, listen to the noises the cicadas make and wear no more than a tee and a pair of Daisy Dukes.

This is a photo I took in Karidi beach (in Greek Karidi means nut -funny, isn't it?), where I swam today. The rift I told you about is in Toroni. Both places are in Sithonia, Chalkidiki.
Are you on vacation, too? If yes, I hope you have as much fun as I do (if not more). If no, I'll be back next week with more urban news! :)

F.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

 

Meet The Blogger

Full-time daydreamer writing about fashion, love, food, traveling and beyond.